EXTRA CREDIT: Madama Butterfly Claymation

This 10 minute film made with claymation, tells a story that is unusual yet so powerful. Some may find this inappropriate to watch due to the sex scene but isn't this what most people experience? There is no dialogue between the two characters but the way the song and sound effects take over is still able to bring emotion to this film. I may have been a little uncomfortable watching the sex scene but it showed this woman's love life with this man. She was extremely happy in the beginning and at the end she is not. I feel empathy for this nonliving object which I believe was the goal of the film. There are some unrealistic moments such as the pregnancy of the fish turning into a baby but we understand the meaning of this newborn. Something I didn't understand was the kite that her and her daughter became. It did look like they were attached at the heart and when the father of the child breaks the line between the mother and daughter, I took it as a metaphor for breaking her heart. She soon later on fell into depression and took apart of her self in a way of committing suicide. At first, I was curious why this was called Madama Butterfly but I did notice how the butterfly left her in the beginning and came back to her in the very end. When the butterfly was with her in both of these moments, she looks extremely happy. I would love to learn more about what the butterfly symbolized because it definitely had a meaning in this film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfie Poster

Animation

Autoscopy Project