Applied Pressure Experimental Film Response

Out of all of the short experimental films that I watched at the FLEX Film Festival, I would have to say that Applied Pressure was one of my favorites. I feel like their was a deeper meaning shown without having to use any words. The audio used was a mixture of calm crashing waves with dark deep music in some parts. When using the darker music in some areas of the film, it appeared as if there was danger occurring. All these different women shown were getting massaged by men. They looked like they were enjoying the massage until the darker music played. I believed there was a metaphor for the darker music. The stop motion picture had a lot of aggressive photos during the darker audio that looked as if these women were being abused. The color of the film was tinted red as well which can symbolize danger. To me, this film can portray an abusive relationship. I might be overthinking this film's real meaning but this is how I analyzed it and I think it has a lot of meaning to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfie Poster

Animation

Autoscopy Project